Whether team building, strategic planning, or training, off-site events are critical to building culture and creating a cohesive team. You can rent a sterile hotel conference space or you can bring together your team in a truly retreat-like setting where barriers come down and true creativity and collaboration can occur. A fresh location and fresh air brings fresh perspectives.
Ravens Crest, located in Newburg, MD, feels like home but has amenities like a projector screen hidden in the ceiling of the hand-hewn beams, comfy leather sofas and white board. There are multiple areas for break out sessions including two separate living rooms, a training space in the original parlor and three porches with multiple seating areas. There is space to gather as one group for meals – either in the dining room or on the back porch — both overlook the Potomac River. The kitchen, with commercial oven and extensive refrigeration, make it easy to easy to feed your team — whether cooking together or catered. Space for some overnight guests is also available.
Full Service Retreats
Full service retreats include any combination of planning, catering, training and/or activities that meet your budget.
Catering ranges from boxed lunches to upscale served meals.
Workshops and training can also be included. Your host teaches classes on leadership and communication and we also have a number of other facilitators available. Some topics are Team Dynamics and Communication, Working with People You Don’t Like, Effective Networking, Writing to Get Results, and others.
Make it a full experience of team building for your team by including activities such aromatherapy, led nature walks, boat cruises, fishing, and yoga.
For those wanting overnight accommodations, Ravens Crest offers 4 bedrooms plus a secondary living room upstairs in the midst of the bedrooms. We are fifteen minutes from additional lodging and restaurants and less than a mile to a waterfront restaurant.
- Main floor bedroom with King size bed and ensuite bathroom with ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower.
- Upstairs bedroom with Queen size bed and ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower.
- Upstairs bedroom with King size bed and fabulous views of Potomac River from four windows – shared hall bath
- Upstairs bedroom with Queen size and Double size beds with shared hall bath
- Use of the retreat house and grounds for a full day including coffee, tea, and snacks for up to 12 people – $800. Discounts for multiple days. Partial days are at a rate of $150 per hour with minimum of 3 hours.
- Use of the retreat house and grounds for two full days including coffee, tea and snacks for up to 12 people plus overnight accommodations for up to 5 guests – $1200 for first night, $800 per night for additional nights. Overnights include full day use on first and last day.
- Catering, training and activities for a full-service retreat are at an additional fee and according to budget. Free consultations to discuss your needs and budget allow us to customize a retreat to your needs.
- Weddings – $800 for 4 hours of use of lawn, farm and parking area and limited use of historic home for up to 45 guests. Use of historic home for dressing, food prep, overnight accommodations and bathrooms available for additional fee. Very limited dates offered.
“Amazing Day!! Thank you for meeting our goals. It was great to know my coworkers on a deeper level.”
“After our retreat, I feel our team has increased trust, more collegiality, and an opportunity to start anew toward a new trajectory.”
“The retreat was a great exploration of ourselves as leaders, women and employees.”